Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

4 Cups Coconut shavings + a little extra for topping
2 Tbls raw cacao powder
2 Tbls Raw Local Honey
1/2 Tbls Coconut oil

Put coconut shavings (I made my own coconut milk, then took the fresh pulp from the back of the juicer) in a bowl add cocao powder, stir in until mixture is a even brown color.

Add the honey and oil, stir in well!

Take a table spoon, scoop out heaping spoons and roll them into balls. Put on a wax paper sheet and then take some of the extra coconut shavings. Sprinkle and push them into the tops of the macroon.
Put in the dehydrator for 8 to 12 hours. Now comes the fun part. Bite into them to make sure the consistency is as desired.

Tip: You can use some extra honey as the shavings you take from the juicer are not sweetened!

Enjoy, Pieter!

2 comments:

  1. Pieter, I decided to just 'wing it' yesterday morning and actually came up with a recipe that is very much like this one. I finished them off by putting them in the freezer, but I think I'm going to try popping a few of them in the convection oven with no heat. (That's the closest I can come to a dehydrator.) I'll let you know how they turn out!

    Thanks for the recipe!
    deborah

    ReplyDelete